Cooking time: 60-90 mins
4 12-oz- to 16-oz bone-in ribeye steaks
1 stick butter
1 small bunch chives, chopped finely
2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp coarse ground sea salt
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- Remove steaks and butter from refrigerator. Let stand while preparing next steps, until steaks have reached room temperature and butter is slightly softened. When the butter has softened, mix half of the chives and garlic a small bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Rub the steaks with the olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Preheat the grill to 450°Fwith the lid closed.
- Turn on the searing station and place the steaks on the grate for 2 minutes, then flip and grill for 2 more minutes. Rotate the steak 45 degrees and let cook for another 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. This should give the steak some beautiful diamond grill marks.
- Turn off the searing station and drop the temperature to 350°F. Move the steaks to the right side of the grill to cook in indirect heat for about 10 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 120 °F. Remove from grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Carefully cut the center area of the steak away from the bone and slice it in ½-inch slices. Layer the slices back against the bone.
- Top each steak with chive butter. Garnish with remaining chives.