Cooking time: 60-90 mins
4 thick boneless pork chops
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cubed
1 8-ounce package of shredded cheddar cheese
1 small bunch chives, chopped finely
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp coarse ground sea salt
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp brown sugar
- Cut deep pocket into the side of each pork chop, being careful not to pierce the back side of the chop. Gently use your thumbs to loosen the inside of the pocket to allow for plenty of filling.
- In a large bowl, mix the diced apples and cheddar cheese. The cheese will act as a loose binder for the apples. Season the inside of the pork pouch with a little salt and pepper before stuffing in the apple and cheddar mixture. Then drizzle a little olive oil on the outside and rub with paprika, brown sugar, garlic salt, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat the grill to 325°Fwith the lid closed.
- Stand pork chops up on their sides, placing bottom of pouch on grill grate to ensure contents will not melt out during the grilling process, and cook for 30 minutes. Then lay chops down, cooking for about five minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Remove from grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes.