Cooking time: 45mins
2 cups dark chocolate chips (70% cacao or less)
1 small block of dark chocolate (70% cacao or less), chilled
½ cup unsalted butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
½ cup cocoa powder
8 oz fresh raspberries
3 large eggs
½ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, mix 1 cup of the dark chocolate and butter, and heat for 90 seconds or until the butter and chocolate are soft. Mix until very smooth.
- Add in the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth and uniform.Add in the eggs and continue stirring until very smooth. Then add in the cocoa powder, and stir very gently until it’s combined, but don’t over mix.
- Preheat the grill to 375°Fwith the lid closed.
- With nonstick cooking spray, grease an 8-inch cake pan and add a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the cake mixture into the pan and bake on the grill for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 200°F. When the cake reaches this temperature, remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl, combine the other cup of chocolate and heavy cream, and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until the cream is hot enough to melt the chocolate. When it seems bubbly, remove from the microwave and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Loosen the edges of the cake in the pan with a knife and carefully turn the pan upside down onto a large plate.
- Gently spread the chocolate sauce over the cake. With a peeler, shave pieces of dark chocolate from the small block all over the top of the cake, and while it’s still a little warm, gently place raspberries into the sauce. You can serve immediately, but for best results, place in the refrigerator and let chill overnight.