2 cups of Martha White Cornbread Mix
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
2/3 cup of buttermilk
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup bacon fat
1/3 cup of sour cream
1/3 cup of scallions
1/3 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup crisp bacon finely chopped
- Thoroughly mix cornbread mix, salt, and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Mix buttermilk, water, bacon fat, sour cream, and eggs in a small bowl until combined.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients and lightly whisk together (don’t over mix).
- Heat greased (we used canola oil) cast iron griddle to on your grill at 325ºF.
- Pour silver dollar sized cakes on griddle and cook for 1-2 min. Garnish with scallion and bacon and cook for approximately two more minutes. Flip and garnish opposite side with cheese. Remove from skillet when lightly browned.