Cooking time: 60-90 mins
Serves: 6 – 8
12 chicken drumsticks, skin on
1 cup olive oil
1 cup yellow mustard
2 tbsp coarse ground sea salt
2 tbsp cracked black pepper
½ tbsp garlic salt
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup buffalo sauce (Note: Some buffalo sauce brands are not gluten-free, so if this is a concern, look for a gluten-free option.)
1 stick butter, melted
1 small bunch chives chopped finely for garnish
- Coat the chicken legs with the olive oil, yellow mustard, 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tbsp pepper, and olive oil.
- Preheat the grill to 350°Fand place the chicken legs in an aluminum roasting pan.
- Cook chicken legs in roasting pan for 30 minutes, then flip and cook for another 30 minutes. Remove the chicken legs from the grill. *Note: At this stage, the chicken legs should be cooked through. The next steps are to ensure a nice crispy skin.
- Turn the grill up to 450°Fwith the lid closed to get up to temperature faster.
- In a large bowl mix together the garlic salt, smoked paprika, brown sugar, ½ cup buffalo sauce, salt & black pepper. Then place directly onto the grill for about 10-15 minutes, turning regularly and brushing a little melted butter on them to help crisp the skins.
- Remove from grill and toss in a bowl with the remaining buffalo sauce and chopped chives, your favorite ranch dip, & optional red pepper flakes. Serve.