Cooking time: 30 mins
4 medium sweet potatoes; peeled and chopped ½ inch cubes
1 medium onion; diced
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup chicken broth
1 tsp coarse ground sea salt
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat the grill to 350ºF with the lid closed.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Using a recently sharpened knife cut the sweet potatoes into ½ inch rounds, then into cubes. Put them into a mixing bowl. Peel the onion, dice it and set it aside.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and add the salt and pepper, then mix it thoroughly. Spread the sweet potatoes on a baking pan, evenly (you might need two baking pans, depending on total amount). Add the chicken broth. Place on the grill and let them cook for 30 minutes, only lifting the grill lid once to stir them around half-way through.
- Either on the grill or your stove stop use a cast iron skillet to cook the onions on a low temperature setting until they are translucent.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the onions and continue at a higher heat to brown the sweet potato and onion into a hash.