You had me at bacon! A perfect recipe to use on the Cumberland USG730 pellet grill.
Feeds: 6-8 people
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 2 racks of ribs – St. Louis style spare ribs or meaty baby backs work best
- 2 lbs. of bacon
- BBQ seasoning – To liberally coat ribs
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat your USG pellet grill to 230°F with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Using the dry rub (BBQ seasoning) of your choice, liberally coat the ribs.
- Hint: Peel the membrane from the ribs before applying the dry rub.
- Place the ribs on one end of the grill and cook for 2 – 2.5 hours until the internal temperature reaches 140°
- Hint: Use the provided meat thermometer to measure the temperature by inserting it between the bones.
- Pull bacon out of the package and lightly separate it. Cook bacon on other side of the grill and remove before it gets crispy.
- Chop bacon and set aside.
- Once ribs have reached 140°F wrap them tightly in foil and cook for an additional 1 hour until temperature reaches 180°F internal temperature.
- Remove ribs from foil and coat the top with BBQ sauce.
- Layer bacon on top of ribs (about 1 lb of chopped bacon per rack of ribs).
- Cook the bacon encrusted ribs for another 30 minutes to an internal temperature of 200°F-205°F.
- Hint: Increasing the temperature of your USG grill up to 265°F will help add an extra crispy finish to the ribs.
- Remove ribs from your USG grill and let it cool for 30 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
- Hint: Cover the cooked ribs in foil to help the cooling process.
*Cook times dependent on ambient and set temperatures.